Nov 12, 2015

Nerdy Thirty

Today, I am thirty years old. In my early twenties I joked that I felt thirty because of the toll my kids took on my life. Turning thirty I can appreciate how young it actually feels. It's not how I expected it to feel. I am grateful for another year of life. Not everyone is given the chance to live to the young age of thirty. I appreciate my birthdays for what they are, a celebration of another year lived on earth.

I decided to make a list of 30 things I've experienced over 30 years.

  1. I've lived in two states
  2. I've traveled out of the country
  3. I have witnessed the birth of a loved one
  4. I have felt the loss of friends and family members
  5. I married a wonderful man
  6. I have given birth to two beautiful children
  7. I have miscarried one child
  8. I swam with dolphins and stingrays in Florida
  9. I've visited Disneyland and Disneyworld
  10. I swam with a sea lion and seal on my honeymoon
  11. In the last three years alone, I've read at least 346 books without counting textbooks from college. (Thanks Goodreads)
  12. I am a few months away from finishing my Bachelors Degree
  13. I started my own business. Go have a look!
  14. I raised over $1,000 in my first year volunteering with Relay for Life
  15. I won a free trip to Disneyland on a radio station but didn't know that until it was too late. (I'm still pained by that)
  16. I won a radio contest for submitting an original quote: "Our words are like fingerprints, so choose them wisely. You'll never know the lasting impression they leave behind."
  17. I learned to swim in college
  18. I've had a biopsy before. No cancer here!
  19. I have been in four non-serious car accidents.
  20. I designed the cover of a yearbook in high school. I thought I was super cool for that.
  21. I was captain of the Varsity cheer squad my senior year. Thought I was cool for that also. LOL
  22. I joined a gym for my first time at 29 years old.
  23. I saw Paramore in concert this year. The best concert I've ever attended.
  24. I have been a Maid of Honor, Matron of Honor, and Bridesmaid. One time each. :)
  25. I attended bookstore parties and bought the last two Harry Potter books at midnight of their release.
  26. I cried when Dobby died. (duh.) Both in the book and the movie.
  27. I cried at least 12 times when I read "The Fault in Our Stars"
  28. I have met one of my favorite authors at Powell's bookstore.
  29. I attended a meet and greet of Twilight actors, but hated the movie.
  30. The moment I knew that my husband was truly my soulmate was when he said, "Halle is just as much mine as she is yours." I cherish those words. You can't understand how important that is to hear unless your partner is a step-parent to your child. I bet he doesn't even remember. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!