May 16, 2012

Better Late Than Never


Thirteen months later, I am finally putting together a wedding album. Trust me when I say that I am not lazy. ;)  I have large and small photos hanging through the house from our wedding day. I also have a photo book that I made on Snapfish that chronicles the whole day in photos. Despite all of that, I’ve wanted an album that would hold every single moment of the day we united as a family.

Every time I went to Target, Ross, TJ Maxx, and the like I’d look at the albums. The wedding albums are always silver and cheesy. Love quotes and a slot on the top for a photo. If this is you style then that’s great for you, however I’m simpler than that. So last month when I found a solid black album at Target I was ecstatic. Even better was that the pages inside are those single sticky sheet like albums from back in the day. They’re not as popular anymore.

Here is a picture of what I mean:


















I get to arrange my photos however I like to. I also get to add the best wishes cards from the wedding in there. No this is not scrapbooking. I tried that years ago and realized it’s not for me. It’s too time consuming and I just don’t care for frilly stuff around my photos. Again, I like clean and simple.

On Pinterest I saw someone who used mod podge to put their wedding certificate on their initial. So that was my next step.













Lastly I applied the A to our album. Clean simple, and very much my style. Plus I was excited to have something to do with the marriage certificate. It’s a photocopy of the “pretty” certificate. The one you are given as a memento.

This sits in my living room and I’m quite pleased with it’s results. 


5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOOOOOODNESS. This is absolutely adorable. I love it! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you decoupage the marriage certificate onto the letter? I'm trying to find instructions for that and I can't find them anywhere! Thanks :) I love your idea, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I photocopied our certificate and then used mod podge from a craft store to decoupage it on. There are some helpful DIY tutorials for decoupage all over the internet. I got the idea from Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want you to do the letter thing for me so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web address
    and thought I might check things out. I like what I see
    so now i am following you. Look forward to exploring your web page for a second
    time.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage; tao of badass pdf review (http://taoofbadasspdfreview.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts!